Skip to main content

Smarty

Because our faithful reader, M suggested it, today J and I ventured 7 minutes north of the Compound to try out Georgetown's sandwich shop, Smarty Pants. It was nice to leave Tukwila Life for a little bit and explore Seattle's newest up-and-coming hipster neighborhood.

Even though it's Friday, Smarty Pants was serving brunch, so I ordered an egg burrito and J ordered the biscuits and gravy. While we were waiting (forever) for our heroine-chic waitress to bring us our brunch, the ketchup bottle literally - out of nowhere - jumped off the table top and went crashing to the ground. Could there be an angry ghost trapped in Smarty Pants? Or was our ketchup tired of being manhandled by out of work artists, Seattle hipsters, and the occasional gaggle of Boeing geeks? Whatever the reason, it was a miracle that J's unbelievably crisp, white dress shirt came out of it completely unharmed.

When our food arrived, my burrito looked and tasted deelish, but the hash browns were pallid and seemed to have been fried on a grill that has never, ever received a good scrub. J's food looked better, and he seemed to enjoy it. I've been to Smarty Pants before and had an amazing sandwich experience, so if we go back, I'll probably just stick to the lunch menu - there's nothing sadder than bad hash browns.

Oh, and by the way, Georgetown is a cool, bohemian chic town - too bad about the statistically high number of sex offenders living in the area, and the various climate contaminants. Regardless, they have interesting shops, great sandwiches, and intriguing landscapes. Besides, it's a fun escape for those dreary January days of Tukwila, on second thought, living on the island of Lost would probably be a fun escape from Tukwila anytime of the year, but I digress.

Food: 3/5
Atmosphere: 4/5 (minus one for the creepy, suicidal ketchup incident)
Good times: 5/5

Comments

Anonymous said…
OMG you crack me up! Good to know about the sad hashbrowns. I'll stick to tasty sandies. Been to Racha Thai yet? My advice, stick to their $8.00 lunch special or you'll dish out some coinage. (And billage) Go for lunch not dinner; trust me, I reference again the coinage factor.
Anonymous said…
I hear "What the Pho" opened up in Tukwila. It's very close to Cefiore. Bonus!
JTContinental said…
Stupid ketchup, trying to ruin my Prada.

Popular posts from this blog

Kilt

By the way - Kilt Guy... put some pants on, Tukwila is far, far away from the United Kingdom.

I don't want to mess up my hair

After two major disappointments today at Taco del Mar, including no Taco Queen and an inoperable credit card machine (are you kidding me, that's like running out of tacos) we ended up at Chipotle. As you know, I love Chipotle and feel that every lunch there is “burrito-ful and fajita-ful”; however, our special lunch guest Power Womon came close to a nervous breakdown due to ordering pressure. No PW, when you order a burrito, you get one burrito, not three –multiples only work with tacos or at Claim Jumpers. As always, there were several fashion disasters including jeans so tight on a Chipotle patron that it made scuba outfits look baggy. After lunch (and yogurt) we traveled to Party City (I thought the store was going green or was closed by not having the lights on, but apparently they have ultra-tinted store front windows) to purchase baby shower décor for a colleague. R swears she’s never been to a baby shower before, however she has a “sixth sense” that led her right to the baby