Skip to main content

I Wanna Dance With Somebody


Who knew that Burien was on the cutting edge of the music scene? R and I ate at Elliott Bay Brewing Company today. Once again it was delicious and once again I was accosted by the overripe banana vapor from the produce store a few doors down. I am starting breath holding training immediately.

While dining, R and I had the pleasure of strolling down musical memory lane at the Brewing Company as they played some Whitney Houston, Cindy Lauper and maybe even some Corey Hart. It felt like the sixth grade talent show all over again.

My reuben sandwich was delicious (I did hold off on the special sauce and replaced it with mustard); I felt a shock of protein. R was shocked (not in a good way) at the limp and lifeless veggie burger sheathed within a nicely toasted bun accompanied by beautifully sautéed mushrooms.

Elliott Bay Brewing Company is a winner and easily satisfied my hunger of the heart.

Food 5/5
Atmosphere 4//5 (-1 for banana vapor)
Good Times 5/5

Comments

Anonymous said…
Oh no, oh no! Can't get the Whitney songs out of my head. Junior High tunes come back to haunt me.

Popular posts from this blog

Kilt

By the way - Kilt Guy... put some pants on, Tukwila is far, far away from the United Kingdom.

I don't want to mess up my hair

After two major disappointments today at Taco del Mar, including no Taco Queen and an inoperable credit card machine (are you kidding me, that's like running out of tacos) we ended up at Chipotle. As you know, I love Chipotle and feel that every lunch there is “burrito-ful and fajita-ful”; however, our special lunch guest Power Womon came close to a nervous breakdown due to ordering pressure. No PW, when you order a burrito, you get one burrito, not three –multiples only work with tacos or at Claim Jumpers. As always, there were several fashion disasters including jeans so tight on a Chipotle patron that it made scuba outfits look baggy. After lunch (and yogurt) we traveled to Party City (I thought the store was going green or was closed by not having the lights on, but apparently they have ultra-tinted store front windows) to purchase baby shower décor for a colleague. R swears she’s never been to a baby shower before, however she has a “sixth sense” that led her right to the baby