Skip to main content

J Asked For It



J wrote me first thing this morning and said that he was up for an adventure - well, he asked for it - read on.

When I think lunchtime adventure - I think: not Tukwila. And then usually the first place to come to mind is Luna Park - the food is excellent, so is the service and it's only 10 minutes north of the Compound.

We invited the Chef out to meet us - I had breakfast, the Chef had a patty melt, and J gave into temptation - devoured a butterscotch milkshake and washed it down with a egg-topped burger. Today, the fries were so good, I distracted the Chef with Popples (lunch box hanging in the top-right corner of this photo) while I gobbled up some of hers.

Afterwards, I had to run to the bank to deposit a check, so we headed up the hill to the WaMu on California. I know that WaMu is the walking the Green Mile, but you would think that with the power of a bank like Chase, they could spruce the place up a bit. That WaMu has got to be the saddest WaMu in Seattle - they've taken an already austere interior, painted it beige and removed all evidence of that WaMu WooHoo from the lobby. [Side note for those thinking of repainting - beige really brings out the shine of bullet-proof plastic] Anyway, it's been sad to see the assimilation take place. I'll miss that WooHoo feeling.

Next, we went into Next to Nature to get my dog a dried animal tendon to chew on. Even though the fries at LP were the best ever (weird segue, sorry), this little pit stop was the highlight of my afternoon - I got to watch J snatch this sticker off of a stuffed animal dog toy.

Notice the rat-type fur stuck to the label? Apparently, J had to give that sticker one heckuva yank to steal it. My mission for the next few weeks is to figure out where to buy these in bulk - I love it and want t-shirts, buttons and bumper stickers.

Speaking of fixation, the highlight of the afternoon was quickly followed by the lowlight. After the best merge on top of a big, stupid you-should-really-be-on-a-farm, what-are-you-doing-in-the-city, pick-up truck (it was one of those battles of the will-type merges - I should have been given a medal), the driver of said truck was infuriated and began honking at us - J turned around and gave him the finger (naturally), and in return the guy honked his horn some more.

Well, we must have drove in front of this guy for about a mile and a half. I had already forgotten about the incident, and pulled into the left lane to turn, and the guy drove up along the side of us and managed to sputter out a very sad, little loogie on J's window. I mean - really, my 5 year old niece produces more phlegm than that.

Too bad the window wasn't rolled down, I would have enjoyed watching J kick his ass. Sorry, J.

We just started laughing - I mean, what a ridiculous jerk. But thing is, I've been trying to see how long I can go without washing Joan Jetta (it's been about 3 months - think of all the water I've conserved!), but no way could I live with spit, so we stopped at the closest car wash and scrubbed up.

Overall, we had a good adventure it gave me something to write about. But Mister Aggro, if you're reading this - you owe Mother Earth 50 gallons of water, jerk.

Food: 5/5
Atmosphere: 2/5 (considering sad WaMu and having to drive for 5 minutes while watching spit run down the side of the window - the two points is for the kitchy atmosphere of Luna Park)
Goodtimes: 5/5 (you ask for adventure, you get is - heck yes)

Comments

M. said…
Love all the tags for this entry.

Popular posts from this blog

The Jack Shack

We've all been either too busy or too lazy to write about our lunchtime adventures, but know this - we have had lunches - some were fabulous, others were sadly disappointing (Mali Thai) and at least one was down-right scandalous (Joey's). So to make up for the long absence, I'll thrill you with our adventure to: Joeys (their apostrophe is missing, not mine)... Even though I was warned , I had to see it for myself. Joey's is Cowboy Ugly and the Pussy Cat Dolls Lounge all rolled into one, great-big southend jack shack. To get the full effect, we sat in the bar where all the waitresses are 1. Former female strippers, 2. Current female strippers, and 3. Really know how to sex up an entree so you'll want to buy it. At first, I was overcome with the smart, sleek interior design. I felt like I was at The Parker in Palm Springs . The architecture is open and modern, the colors hip, and the booths are sleek. I was so busy ogling the fabulous design that I didn't even s

Lunching with the Enemy

I know it's unusual, and maybe even a bit on the unholy side, but B and I had lunch with the Bird Killer today at Taco Del Mar. Lunching with the enemy is not usually something I would even consider, however, we did get to ride in his so-called "premium-luxury sports car for young, aggressive males" although, the car was neither premium-luxury (I think that description expires after 10 years, BK), nor was he young and aggressive since he's pushing 40, and it took us 20 minutes to get back from the Southcenter area, which is usually only a 10 minute drive. He also demonstrated how to wrap a baby in the "Mummy Swaddle" using a bottle of hot sauce and a paper napkin, which was both weird and amusing. So at least lunchtime entertainment was different from the usual, and all of this makes for semi-interesting blog writing. The Taco Queen is still MIA, though we're starting to think she has been dethroned and a new, Evil Taco Queen is standing in her place. Al

ACME Bites

On M's suggestion, B and I went to ACME Bowl for lunch today. I had the veggie burger, and B had the Chipotle burger, both were above average for bowling alley fare, and the service was good, but slow. I suspected that our waiter was also the cook, since he would disappear for periods of time into the kitchen, and come out later with trays of food. While the restaurant was slow (there were only two other tables besides us), the alley was busy with lots of teenagers, single ladies, and divorced fathers with their kids. There was one family whose mother and father were both such bad bowlers that their three sons, ages 8 - 5 were wiping the alleys with them. One final score was Mom: 60, little Johnny: 75. All I kept thinking was - how embarrassing to be so bad at a sport that even a child is better than you. I mean, even though I myself bowl a 65, at least I don't have some toddler hanging around trying to showing me up! Anyway - it was a fun adventure, and outside the norm. B a