Skip to main content

ACME Bites

On M's suggestion, B and I went to ACME Bowl for lunch today. I had the veggie burger, and B had the Chipotle burger, both were above average for bowling alley fare, and the service was good, but slow. I suspected that our waiter was also the cook, since he would disappear for periods of time into the kitchen, and come out later with trays of food.

While the restaurant was slow (there were only two other tables besides us), the alley was busy with lots of teenagers, single ladies, and divorced fathers with their kids.

There was one family whose mother and father were both such bad bowlers that their three sons, ages 8 - 5 were wiping the alleys with them. One final score was Mom: 60, little Johnny: 75. All I kept thinking was - how embarrassing to be so bad at a sport that even a child is better than you. I mean, even though I myself bowl a 65, at least I don't have some toddler hanging around trying to showing me up!

Anyway - it was a fun adventure, and outside the norm. B and I have decided to dedicate at least one day a week to trying something new, so stay tuned.

Food: 3/5 (minus a point for and over-cooked veggie patty)
Atmosphere: 5/5 (major points for entertainment)
Good times: 4/5 (next time, we'll have to bowl a frame)

Comments

M. said…
Glad to hear ACME didn't strike out 100% w/ the Tummy Tukwila team. Next Wings Cafe @ Museum of Flight? You should have free parking + no admission fee just to go eat in the restaurant. If you want to hang around and see the exhibits close up & personal you'll need an admission tix for that. FYI, Spaghetti Factory scheduled to open very end of June.
R. said…
Personally, I'm excited for the Spaghetti Factory opening - it's been a fave since I was a tot. But judging from B's response to the opening: "I can't wait for the Spaghetti Factory to open so I can not go there" it may be up to J and I to forge that path.
JTContinental said…
R&J have experienced Wings Cafe in the past, and are not entirely certain we want to relive it, but we are taking it under consideration.

Popular posts from this blog

Kilt

By the way - Kilt Guy... put some pants on, Tukwila is far, far away from the United Kingdom.

I don't want to mess up my hair

After two major disappointments today at Taco del Mar, including no Taco Queen and an inoperable credit card machine (are you kidding me, that's like running out of tacos) we ended up at Chipotle. As you know, I love Chipotle and feel that every lunch there is “burrito-ful and fajita-ful”; however, our special lunch guest Power Womon came close to a nervous breakdown due to ordering pressure. No PW, when you order a burrito, you get one burrito, not three –multiples only work with tacos or at Claim Jumpers. As always, there were several fashion disasters including jeans so tight on a Chipotle patron that it made scuba outfits look baggy. After lunch (and yogurt) we traveled to Party City (I thought the store was going green or was closed by not having the lights on, but apparently they have ultra-tinted store front windows) to purchase baby shower décor for a colleague. R swears she’s never been to a baby shower before, however she has a “sixth sense” that led her right to the baby