Skip to main content

Self Contained Underwater Breathing Apperatus

I went to Simply Thai today with a new T2 character - AquaMan. He and I go way back in Compound days, and it was great to catch up with him, and the fact that he likes to SCUBA during his off hours makes for interesting conversation (trying not to think of drowning while eating curry is a hard thing to do).

When we walked in, I saw The Fat Girl and got an automatic knee-jerk reaction that I should run, but it quickly passed since B was no where in sight, and The Fat Girl (whose not all that fat) was actually pretty nice today.

I had the red curry, 2-stars. It was just okay. The peas in the dish were really dried out, like any day they would morph into marbles, so that was kind of different for Simply Thai since their fresh vegetables have always been my favorite thing about them.

Atmosphere: 5/5
Food: 4/5 (minus one point for eating nearly-marbles)
Good times: 5/5 (extra points for catching up with old friends)

Comments

Phantom Fox said…
Dried out peas is what happens when you go somewhere that we have sworn off! Who is the betrayer now?

Popular posts from this blog

The Jack Shack

We've all been either too busy or too lazy to write about our lunchtime adventures, but know this - we have had lunches - some were fabulous, others were sadly disappointing (Mali Thai) and at least one was down-right scandalous (Joey's). So to make up for the long absence, I'll thrill you with our adventure to: Joeys (their apostrophe is missing, not mine)... Even though I was warned , I had to see it for myself. Joey's is Cowboy Ugly and the Pussy Cat Dolls Lounge all rolled into one, great-big southend jack shack. To get the full effect, we sat in the bar where all the waitresses are 1. Former female strippers, 2. Current female strippers, and 3. Really know how to sex up an entree so you'll want to buy it. At first, I was overcome with the smart, sleek interior design. I felt like I was at The Parker in Palm Springs . The architecture is open and modern, the colors hip, and the booths are sleek. I was so busy ogling the fabulous design that I didn't even s...

Teavana Some Tea?

After a Blue C anomaly (no Dede) and some Red Mango with cereal (the strawberries looked pureed) , J, R and B headed to the first floor of South Center to check out the new Teavana store. B received a gift card to Teavana for Christmas, and wanted to check out the tea possibilities. As soon as we stepped into Teavana, the tea vultures were instantly upon us with syrupy samples of teas like: Moonlight Mango Magic and Coco-Berry Cantaloupe Blend---huh? J and B tried to avoid direct eye contact and focused on the tasteful and tacky tea accoutrements (some tasteful, many tacky) To B's surprise, R seems to be really enjoying the tea experience, to the point of befriending the peppy personnel who looked as if they had indulged in too much caffeine and sugar. And I mean way too much caffeine and sugar. What did they put in R's “sample”?? R made a tea purchase (a blend of two teas no less—fancy pants) and we attempted to leave the store only to be foiled by the sample machine. Makes me...