Skip to main content

Creatures Lurk in Old Spaces

Yesterday, B and I went to Blue C with the Bird Killer. Because he's easy to manipulate, BK was made to drive us in his young, aggressive male, luxury, sport sedan that is nearly 10 years old, covered in bird droppings, tree sap and pollen, and is growing spider webs in the back seat - where I had to sit. What in the heck? BK - you cart your family around in your Spidey mobile, for the love of birds - take it to the Brown Bear already!

After an incredible escape from a spider nest on wheels, I ate sushi. Let me tell you - Blue C is not like it was. The T2 crew no longer receive the celebrity treatment when they walk in the door, this is probably due to the fact that the entire staff has switched over, and have no clue to the fun we had there with DeDe, Pink Shirt Guy, Michael and the Lesbian. Neither do they know what shook down last March. I suppose it's a good thing - it offers a fresh start... right? There could be another DeDe type, there could be more goodness, star treatment and fun times... right?
Unfortunately, Blue C was sort of a mess. The guy who replaced DeDe, although tries really hard to give star-quality service, is an airhead. Poseur mixed up our cards and bills so badly, I thought B was going to punch him in the throat. A 20 minute ordeal came down to this - I ended up with a $10 off coupon, and B was promised $10 off with his next visit. So not too bad, but B swore he would never go back - of course, he's said this before.

Today I had lunch with the Chef at good ol' trusty, Taco Del Mar. TDM has some new outdoor seating, so we gave it a try and ate outside. The hot weather combined with a sweet breeze from the north, made my fish tacos better than I've ever had them. I could have stayed there all day, but I had to get back to the Compound and get back to work.

And for all of you Taco Queen fans - she's MIA, again. Though there is a new taco crafter in her place, and judging on her taco making skills, might just bump the Taco Queen off her throne!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Kilt

By the way - Kilt Guy... put some pants on, Tukwila is far, far away from the United Kingdom.

I don't want to mess up my hair

After two major disappointments today at Taco del Mar, including no Taco Queen and an inoperable credit card machine (are you kidding me, that's like running out of tacos) we ended up at Chipotle. As you know, I love Chipotle and feel that every lunch there is “burrito-ful and fajita-ful”; however, our special lunch guest Power Womon came close to a nervous breakdown due to ordering pressure. No PW, when you order a burrito, you get one burrito, not three –multiples only work with tacos or at Claim Jumpers. As always, there were several fashion disasters including jeans so tight on a Chipotle patron that it made scuba outfits look baggy. After lunch (and yogurt) we traveled to Party City (I thought the store was going green or was closed by not having the lights on, but apparently they have ultra-tinted store front windows) to purchase baby shower décor for a colleague. R swears she’s never been to a baby shower before, however she has a “sixth sense” that led her right to the baby