Skip to main content

Desperately Seeking DeDe

Today J, B and myself headed to Blue C. It's been about 2 weeks since we were last there, and when we walked in - a whole new set of faces greated us. One even had the nerve to ask,

"Is this your first time at Blue C?"
"Do you know who we are?!"

Where is DeDe? Where is Pink Shirt Guy? B asked, "Who are all of these white people?"

I suppose we have been spoiled by DeDe. She knows exactly what we want, doesn't ask a ton of questions, and most of all - she's real. It just felt so lonely there without her.

Next we headed to Red Mango for some sweet therapy. Now Red Mango has a club card that generates points when you buy fro yo, and gives you extra points on your birthday! B and I registered our cards when we got back to the compound. Already I'm at 88 points... had this been accumulating this entire time, I would have had 50k points by now!

Atmosphere: 3/5 (minus 2 points for having to adjust to a whole new cast of characters)
Food: 5/5
Good times: 3/5 (minus 2 points for missing DeDe)

Comments

Anonymous said…
Battle of the fro-yo? How doth ceFiore compare to Red Mango? I can't bring myself to cheat on ceFiore w/ el Mango Rojo.
R. said…
My opinion - Red Mango beats ceFiore any day. RM is creamier, more yogurty and has a less confusing name pronunciation.

Every time we go to ceFiore we end up processing pronunciation... and if the Bird Killer is with us, since he is SO wordly, he tries to make an argument that "ce" (say) is not a word in the Italian language.

Better to just enjoy Red Mango - it's a lot easier to swallow.

Popular posts from this blog

The Jack Shack

We've all been either too busy or too lazy to write about our lunchtime adventures, but know this - we have had lunches - some were fabulous, others were sadly disappointing (Mali Thai) and at least one was down-right scandalous (Joey's). So to make up for the long absence, I'll thrill you with our adventure to: Joeys (their apostrophe is missing, not mine)... Even though I was warned , I had to see it for myself. Joey's is Cowboy Ugly and the Pussy Cat Dolls Lounge all rolled into one, great-big southend jack shack. To get the full effect, we sat in the bar where all the waitresses are 1. Former female strippers, 2. Current female strippers, and 3. Really know how to sex up an entree so you'll want to buy it. At first, I was overcome with the smart, sleek interior design. I felt like I was at The Parker in Palm Springs . The architecture is open and modern, the colors hip, and the booths are sleek. I was so busy ogling the fabulous design that I didn't even s...

Teavana Some Tea?

After a Blue C anomaly (no Dede) and some Red Mango with cereal (the strawberries looked pureed) , J, R and B headed to the first floor of South Center to check out the new Teavana store. B received a gift card to Teavana for Christmas, and wanted to check out the tea possibilities. As soon as we stepped into Teavana, the tea vultures were instantly upon us with syrupy samples of teas like: Moonlight Mango Magic and Coco-Berry Cantaloupe Blend---huh? J and B tried to avoid direct eye contact and focused on the tasteful and tacky tea accoutrements (some tasteful, many tacky) To B's surprise, R seems to be really enjoying the tea experience, to the point of befriending the peppy personnel who looked as if they had indulged in too much caffeine and sugar. And I mean way too much caffeine and sugar. What did they put in R's “sample”?? R made a tea purchase (a blend of two teas no less—fancy pants) and we attempted to leave the store only to be foiled by the sample machine. Makes me...