Skip to main content

We DID it!

After identifying the closest Safeway to the office (for the annual food drive competition...and also I hate Safeway, I mean I really hate Safeway ) which happens to be in the joyful town of Burien, R identified a lunch location to build up our shopping energy. Guess what folks...we went somewhere we've never been before....Elliott Bay Brewing Company!

I was quite cautious at first due to the fact that the strip shopping mall in which this establishment is located is like a little Guadalajara in Seattle. I was a cynic and thought, how good could this place be, I mean its next door neighbors are a Mexican herbal shop and a stripper shoe store. To my surprise, the decor, ambiance and food at Elliott Bay are delicious. Our waitress, Freda, was dressed in a cozy hoodie, which normally I disapprove of, however after experiencing the dress code at Joey's I find clothing coverage quite refreshing. I had the fish and chips- the chips portion was addictive and the fish was delicious. The slaw however was below average. R enjoyed her veggie meal and the Birdkiller (yes the Birdkiller was there, I forgot to mention earlier) devoured his cheeseburger. The Birdkiller's exact words were “The bun was toasted very nicely".

After consuming our shopping fuel, we raced off to the Safeway to help feed the hungry- and to burn off a few lunch calories. Overall EBBC is a winner and worthy of another visit.

Food: 4.5/5
Ambience: 5/5 (the wood columns were beautiful)
Good Times: 4/5 (the Birdkiller was quite pleasant today…no killings)
Getting beat at iPhone air hockey: …well you should ask R, I assume a low score here

Comments

Anonymous said…
Loved reading about Elliot Bay Brewing Co. Heard rumors about a place in Georgetown w/ outrageously tasty sandwhich offerings. Is this place too far from the compound? http://www.thehangarcafe.com

I'm curious to see what the Tummy Tukwila group thinks of it.

Popular posts from this blog

The Jack Shack

We've all been either too busy or too lazy to write about our lunchtime adventures, but know this - we have had lunches - some were fabulous, others were sadly disappointing (Mali Thai) and at least one was down-right scandalous (Joey's). So to make up for the long absence, I'll thrill you with our adventure to: Joeys (their apostrophe is missing, not mine)... Even though I was warned , I had to see it for myself. Joey's is Cowboy Ugly and the Pussy Cat Dolls Lounge all rolled into one, great-big southend jack shack. To get the full effect, we sat in the bar where all the waitresses are 1. Former female strippers, 2. Current female strippers, and 3. Really know how to sex up an entree so you'll want to buy it. At first, I was overcome with the smart, sleek interior design. I felt like I was at The Parker in Palm Springs . The architecture is open and modern, the colors hip, and the booths are sleek. I was so busy ogling the fabulous design that I didn't even s

ACME Bites

On M's suggestion, B and I went to ACME Bowl for lunch today. I had the veggie burger, and B had the Chipotle burger, both were above average for bowling alley fare, and the service was good, but slow. I suspected that our waiter was also the cook, since he would disappear for periods of time into the kitchen, and come out later with trays of food. While the restaurant was slow (there were only two other tables besides us), the alley was busy with lots of teenagers, single ladies, and divorced fathers with their kids. There was one family whose mother and father were both such bad bowlers that their three sons, ages 8 - 5 were wiping the alleys with them. One final score was Mom: 60, little Johnny: 75. All I kept thinking was - how embarrassing to be so bad at a sport that even a child is better than you. I mean, even though I myself bowl a 65, at least I don't have some toddler hanging around trying to showing me up! Anyway - it was a fun adventure, and outside the norm. B a

The Best In Tukwila

Today's blog is dedicated to Dede - the best darned waitress this side of the Mississippi. Dede schleps sushi accoutrements to all the hungry people of Tukwila, Monday - Friday at Blue C Sushi in Tukwila. A note to others: no one better mess with her patrons - or there will be hell to pay! While waiting to check out, another waiter attempted to "steal" Dede's table - B and I are wishing him well as he recuperates in intensive care, Haborview. Other than receiving spectacular service, we also received: a mall stalking, an offer to purchase illegal substances at the generic cell phone store, a couple of false signals from the gaydar signal, and an unwelcome, over-zealous sales woman's attention at the Kitchen Store. Food: 5/5 Entertainment: 5/5 Broken gaydar equipment: 0/5