Skip to main content

Land of the Irregular

What the heck happened to the landscape at Azteca? All of the trees that surround it, no longer have branches - just stubs. Weird.

J thinks it may be some attempt at making it look like a more authentic Mexican restaurant, by bringing the Mexican landscape to you. I'm wondering if they are getting ready to cut all of the trees down in order to plow over Azteca and replace it with another useless bank (like at the mall).

Anyway, for whatever reason Azteca tasted better than ever. I'm going to blame it on the fact that it's been about 6 months since we were last there, since I know in my heart of hearts, Azteca is not usually as good as it seemed today.

I ordered a Macho Burrito, veggie style (I think the macho bit is all its freakishly large size - it was literally falling off the edges of my plate), and J changed things up by ordering a chimicanga instead of his usual chicken taquito plato. He even ordered an iced tea... highly irregular. I'll blame that one on the fact that he's still recovering from being off the mainland for two weeks.

Anyway - good food, weird patrons, strange landscape: welcome to Tukwila, people.

Food: 4/5
Atmosphere: 3/5 (automatic point deduction for a VPL sighting, and the decimated landscape)
Goodtimes: 5/5

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Jack Shack

We've all been either too busy or too lazy to write about our lunchtime adventures, but know this - we have had lunches - some were fabulous, others were sadly disappointing (Mali Thai) and at least one was down-right scandalous (Joey's). So to make up for the long absence, I'll thrill you with our adventure to: Joeys (their apostrophe is missing, not mine)... Even though I was warned , I had to see it for myself. Joey's is Cowboy Ugly and the Pussy Cat Dolls Lounge all rolled into one, great-big southend jack shack. To get the full effect, we sat in the bar where all the waitresses are 1. Former female strippers, 2. Current female strippers, and 3. Really know how to sex up an entree so you'll want to buy it. At first, I was overcome with the smart, sleek interior design. I felt like I was at The Parker in Palm Springs . The architecture is open and modern, the colors hip, and the booths are sleek. I was so busy ogling the fabulous design that I didn't even s...

Teavana Some Tea?

After a Blue C anomaly (no Dede) and some Red Mango with cereal (the strawberries looked pureed) , J, R and B headed to the first floor of South Center to check out the new Teavana store. B received a gift card to Teavana for Christmas, and wanted to check out the tea possibilities. As soon as we stepped into Teavana, the tea vultures were instantly upon us with syrupy samples of teas like: Moonlight Mango Magic and Coco-Berry Cantaloupe Blend---huh? J and B tried to avoid direct eye contact and focused on the tasteful and tacky tea accoutrements (some tasteful, many tacky) To B's surprise, R seems to be really enjoying the tea experience, to the point of befriending the peppy personnel who looked as if they had indulged in too much caffeine and sugar. And I mean way too much caffeine and sugar. What did they put in R's “sample”?? R made a tea purchase (a blend of two teas no less—fancy pants) and we attempted to leave the store only to be foiled by the sample machine. Makes me...