Skip to main content

The Deadliest of the Seven...Envy


After reading R’s misguided and maniacal attack, I feel I must respond to the TT readership. Yes, I did stray from R and J today, however, based on R’s recent poor attendance record at TT lunch events, I’ve had to take matters in my own hands. Who knew if R would even show up for lunch or if she would be lunching again with her “sister”?

R’s nemesis, B (the one I had lunch with) and I had a delightful and nutritious lunch at Whole Foods in South Lake Union. I appreciated the pleasant weather, superb company and no Tukwila. So while R was stewing with gastronomic jealously, (sorry J) I was enchanted with dining excellence.

So, don’t cry for me, Tummy Tukwila, the truth is I never left you.
Food: 4/5
Good times: 5/5
Dining with someone who actually showed up: 5/5

Comments

R. said…
"Gootimes"? Ha! Just what I would expect from lunching with the Artificial Woman!
Anonymous said…
Seriously, your Blog cracks me up. I too work in the Tukwila area and dine out often.

Popular posts from this blog

The Jack Shack

We've all been either too busy or too lazy to write about our lunchtime adventures, but know this - we have had lunches - some were fabulous, others were sadly disappointing (Mali Thai) and at least one was down-right scandalous (Joey's). So to make up for the long absence, I'll thrill you with our adventure to: Joeys (their apostrophe is missing, not mine)... Even though I was warned , I had to see it for myself. Joey's is Cowboy Ugly and the Pussy Cat Dolls Lounge all rolled into one, great-big southend jack shack. To get the full effect, we sat in the bar where all the waitresses are 1. Former female strippers, 2. Current female strippers, and 3. Really know how to sex up an entree so you'll want to buy it. At first, I was overcome with the smart, sleek interior design. I felt like I was at The Parker in Palm Springs . The architecture is open and modern, the colors hip, and the booths are sleek. I was so busy ogling the fabulous design that I didn't even s...

Teavana Some Tea?

After a Blue C anomaly (no Dede) and some Red Mango with cereal (the strawberries looked pureed) , J, R and B headed to the first floor of South Center to check out the new Teavana store. B received a gift card to Teavana for Christmas, and wanted to check out the tea possibilities. As soon as we stepped into Teavana, the tea vultures were instantly upon us with syrupy samples of teas like: Moonlight Mango Magic and Coco-Berry Cantaloupe Blend---huh? J and B tried to avoid direct eye contact and focused on the tasteful and tacky tea accoutrements (some tasteful, many tacky) To B's surprise, R seems to be really enjoying the tea experience, to the point of befriending the peppy personnel who looked as if they had indulged in too much caffeine and sugar. And I mean way too much caffeine and sugar. What did they put in R's “sample”?? R made a tea purchase (a blend of two teas no less—fancy pants) and we attempted to leave the store only to be foiled by the sample machine. Makes me...