Skip to main content

B, Who?

There is a black mark in today's Tummy Tukwila history... B had lunch with an old nemesis of mine: The Artificial Woman. B is hereby on notice, and must buy me lunch and fro yo with two toppings to make up for it, due by this time next.

Meanwhile, as B was busying himself with traitor activities (complete with plotting to topple my administrative rights to TSquared), J and I ventured out of Tukwila city limits for a Friday lunch at Luna Park Cafe in West Seattle. The food was delicious, as usual and the weather was nicer in WS than in Tukwila, as usual.

We enjoyed a leisurely lunch and somehow managed to get back to the office in less than 90 minutes. West Seattle is not that far from Tukwila, so next time you're looking to change it up, hop on I-5 and take the 12 minute trip to the sunnier, friendlier west-side.

Food: 4/5
Good times: 5/5
Betrayal: 0

Comments

Anonymous said…
B should be branded with a large Scarlett B! Such treachory lunching with Artificial Woman.

And in other news - have you tried the Bistro Steak Salad at Gallianos? Tasty, but pick off the tomato! And the cheesy garlic bread is so worth the carbs. Lunch is packed, go early. Outdoor dining patio is covered. The chicken philly is also rather decent, served hot w/ the homemade bread. Is it really homemade? I wonder. Food good. Good times - I've had plenty there. Betrayal - O. Service....well I'm sure they have good intentions.
R. said…
M - thank you very much for your support, I'm glad you understand.

I've driven by Gallianos a few times and have wondered how it is - thanks for the suggestion!

Thanks for reading!
-R

Popular posts from this blog

The Jack Shack

We've all been either too busy or too lazy to write about our lunchtime adventures, but know this - we have had lunches - some were fabulous, others were sadly disappointing (Mali Thai) and at least one was down-right scandalous (Joey's). So to make up for the long absence, I'll thrill you with our adventure to: Joeys (their apostrophe is missing, not mine)... Even though I was warned , I had to see it for myself. Joey's is Cowboy Ugly and the Pussy Cat Dolls Lounge all rolled into one, great-big southend jack shack. To get the full effect, we sat in the bar where all the waitresses are 1. Former female strippers, 2. Current female strippers, and 3. Really know how to sex up an entree so you'll want to buy it. At first, I was overcome with the smart, sleek interior design. I felt like I was at The Parker in Palm Springs . The architecture is open and modern, the colors hip, and the booths are sleek. I was so busy ogling the fabulous design that I didn't even s...

Teavana Some Tea?

After a Blue C anomaly (no Dede) and some Red Mango with cereal (the strawberries looked pureed) , J, R and B headed to the first floor of South Center to check out the new Teavana store. B received a gift card to Teavana for Christmas, and wanted to check out the tea possibilities. As soon as we stepped into Teavana, the tea vultures were instantly upon us with syrupy samples of teas like: Moonlight Mango Magic and Coco-Berry Cantaloupe Blend---huh? J and B tried to avoid direct eye contact and focused on the tasteful and tacky tea accoutrements (some tasteful, many tacky) To B's surprise, R seems to be really enjoying the tea experience, to the point of befriending the peppy personnel who looked as if they had indulged in too much caffeine and sugar. And I mean way too much caffeine and sugar. What did they put in R's “sample”?? R made a tea purchase (a blend of two teas no less—fancy pants) and we attempted to leave the store only to be foiled by the sample machine. Makes me...